Here are five tips to keep you moving forward in 2013. Remember that resolutions are about progress not perfection.
- Set Goals: write down your goals, and then identify an action plan to achieve them.
- Establish a supportive environment: seek out others who are working towards goals and hold each other accountable.
- Prepare for Bumps: No one is perfect, there will be times when you slip back into your old habits. Don’t let those times hinder your progress. Simply accept them as a bump and get back on track.
- Track your progress: Keep a journal noting what you have accomplished and overcome. This way when you hit those bumps it is easier to overcome them because you have seen how far you have already come.
- Ask for help: Do not be afraid to ask for help, no one can accomplish everything by themselves.
There are some cities and counties that have funds to loan or grant to mobile home owners who’s homes are in need of repairs like roof and appliance or floor replacements. All you need to do is contact the city you live in and ask for the person who manages the allocation of Community Development Block Grant funds and ask if some of those funds are allocated for mobile home repairs.
As always some conditions apply. These usually are held for low-income home owners. If you think you qualify call today!
If you are currently uninsured, between the ages of 21 and 64, and living in Orange County you may qualify to enroll in the county’s Medical Services Initiative (MSI) program. This program provides quality care at no cost at numerous hospitals and clinics countywide. This is a government-funded program. There are a few requirements including needing to be an orange county resident with low earnings. You must be able to show proof of these things and it can take up to three months for your application to be processed. There is an exception for those with urgent medical needs.
To learn how to apply call (866) 979-6772 or visit OCHealthInfo.com/about/medical/msi
Are you a senior living in Orange County? Then you do not want to miss the South County Senior Summit hosted by Orange County Supervisor Patricia Bates.
When: February 22nd ; 9AM -12:30 PM
*Registration begins at 8AM
Where: Laguna Woods Village, Clubhouse 3
23822 Avenida Sevilla, Laguna Woods, CA 92637
Complimentary Breakfast and Lunch will be served; everyone in attendance will also have the opportunity to win fabulous door prizes.
If you plan to attend this wonderful day of education and fun you need to RSVP by February 15th. You can call (800) 510-2020 or (714) 567-7500.