Management entry notification, and allowable entry in mobile home parks is far different from apartments as a general rule. This is due to the fact that Mobile Homes and Mobile Home Parks are unique; the park resident owns their mobile home and rent the land the home sits on.Management must be careful to properly notify the resident (home owner) when a home or land entry is necessary.
*If you live in a park owned mobile home and are renting the entire home, the rules for entering your home are the same as those living in an apartment.
For the residents who are homeowners the MRL spells out exactly what management must do if they need to enter your home and your rights in refusing entry.
- Ownership may enter the home with prior written consent of the resident.
- Consent may be revoked by the resident IN WRITING at any time
- Ownership/Management shall gain entry onto the land which the mobile home sits, with proper notice, for
- Maintenance of utilities
- Maintenance of Trees or Driveways
- Or for general maintenance of the premises in accordance with the rules and regulations.
- Ownership may enter the home WITH OUT prior written consent of the resident
- In case of emergency
- If the resident has abandoned the home