When it comes to watering the yard, you may be able to save yourself some green without your lawn turning brown. How much should you be watering during the cool season? Not much! As a matter of fact, shut off the system and only turn it on if the garden has gone without rain for more than two weeks. Remember no watering during rain or 48 hours after rainfall.
Harvesting Rainwater with Rain Barrels s another way to save this season.
Top 5 reasons to Harvest Rainwater
- Protect our ocean, rivers, streams, and ponds from runoff pollution
- Divert water from the municipal storm drain system
- Conserve this vital natural resource and reduce your water bill
- Use the nitrogen-rich rain water to grow healthy & lush plants
- Control moisture levels around the foundation of your home
Contact your local water company for possible rain barrel rebates.