If you are struggling to pay your rent there is a program in Orange County that was set-up to assist you while you wait for a Section 8 housing voucher to become available. It is a privately funded program, sponsored by local Park Owners and administered by MHET. You must meet specific guidelines to qualify for the program. If you feel you may qualify or would like more information or to request an application packet please call the Mobile Home Rental Assistance Program (RAP) 949-380-3311.
To find out if the MHET Rental assistance program is offered in your area contact 949-380-3311 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile Home Assistance Program
Orange County Eligibility Guidelines
To qualify for temporary rental assistance sponsored by MHET, all of the following guidelines need to be met. If you meet these criteria, you may be eligible to receive a subsidy equal to 10% of your monthly space rent. To request an application to apply for rental assistance call (949) 380-3311 or write to the address above.
- The applicant needs to be a homeowner who has owned and lived in the mobilehome and community they are currently residing in for at least the past three consecutive years.
- Applicants need to meet the very low-income guidelines* used by the local Housing Authority for the Section 8 rental assistance program (Gross annual income from all sources is 50% of the median income or less).
- Applicants must meet one or more of the following criteria: (1) be at least 62 years of age or older; (2) be a family of two or more; (3) or be disabled.
- Monthly housing costs (rent, mortgage and utilities: gas, water, electric, trash, sewer) need to exceed 40% of the total monthly income of all residents in the home.
- Real property (land, rental property, second home, etc.) may not exceed $10,000.
- Personal property (bank accounts, automobiles, stocks and bonds, jewelry, etc.), except for the mobile home in which the applicant lives, may not exceed $20,000.
- The applicant does not receive assistance from any other rental assistance program.
- The space on which the applicant resides is not regulated by rent control and not more than 10% of the residents in the Park are already receiving assistance.
- All of the forms provided in the Rental Assistance Application packet must be completed with every question answered.
- The applicant must be in compliance with the park rules and regulations and the mobile home or manufactured home may not be in foreclosure by any financial institution or in bankruptcy proceedings.
* Qualification guidelines for Section 8 (for more information call Orange County Housing Authority at (714) 480-2700). Current gross annual income from all sources within the following limits for family size:
1 person $34,150 5 people $52,650
2 people $39,000 6 people $56,550
3 people $43,900 7 people $60,450
4 people $48,750 8+ people $64,350
This assistance program is strictly voluntary on the part of the park owners and may be changed, revised, or discontinued at any time with or without notice.
25241 Paseo de Alicia • Suite 120 • Laguna Hills, CA 92653 • (949) 380-3311