Here are five tips to keep you moving forward in 2013. Remember that resolutions are about progress not perfection.
- Set Goals: write down your goals, and then identify an action plan to achieve them.
- Establish a supportive environment: seek out others who are working towards goals and hold each other accountable.
- Prepare for Bumps: No one is perfect, there will be times when you slip back into your old habits. Don’t let those times hinder your progress. Simply accept them as a bump and get back on track.
- Track your progress: Keep a journal noting what you have accomplished and overcome. This way when you hit those bumps it is easier to overcome them because you have seen how far you have already come.
- Ask for help: Do not be afraid to ask for help, no one can accomplish everything by themselves.